If you do not enjoy cooking because of the time and the work that is involved, then getting a top quality food processor is a great way to remedy both of these obstacles. Sure it is a lot easier to order take out, but staying fit and healthy requires a little more discipline as to the ingredients that you include in your meals. Making a home cooked meal is a wonderful way to provide something that is both good for your taste buds as well as good for your body, and having the right equipment in your kitchen can go along way to making everything more enjoyable and make it seem less like work.
If you think that food processors are just for shredding cheese or chopping vegetables you would be wrong. Some of the top food processors can do things like make dough, salsa, your own peanut butter, as well as handle all of your cutting and shredding needs. They are quite versatile small appliances that can help you reduce the time it takes to prepare the ingredients for just about any recipe. If you are interested in helping yourself in the kitchen then check out some of the best rated models below.
Top Rated Food Processing Machines
We have a lot of experience with different food processing machines as well as having done some quick research reading through some of the best food processor reviews currently available and we have come up with a list of some of the better models that would be great in any kitchen.
Best Overall Value Food Processor
Cusinart has a fantastic line of these types of machines, and each one would go great in your home. However, there is one model that gives the best performance to price value, and that would be the DLC-2009 Prep 9. You get a lot for what you pay for with this food processor. Some of what makes this such a great option includes:
- Mixing bowl with 9 cup capacity. This is perfect for just about any type of task and would be great for most recipes that feed 1 to 4 people.
- Powerful motor that has proven itself to very reliable over time. It can mix, chop, shred, and dice through just about any type of hard or soft food that you put into the machine.
- Stainless steel cutting discs that are the hallmark of Cuisinart machines. Sturdy, long-lasting, and easy to clean. Cuisinart makes some of the best blades on the market.
- More stylish than some of their other models. While looks should be secondary to performance, it is nice not to have dated styling. This model brings the food processor into the modern era with a better design.
- Mid range price point that makes it affordable to more people. You get a fabulous set of features and excellent performance for just over $100.
Best High End Model
Breville small kitchen appliances are some of the most advanced machines that you can get for your kitchen. As far as food processors go, their BFP800XL Sous Chef model is one modern unit that would be wonderful in any kitchen. Unfortunately, this futuristic looking unit comes with a higher price tag that not everyone will be able to swallow. With that being said, this Breville food processor delivers exceptional performance that is well worth the price.
- Extra large feed chute that can handle larger foods. Save even more time by not having to pre-cut large vegetables into tinier pieces just to fit inside of the machine.
- Slicing disc with 24 different settings allow you to get the perfect slice that you want every time.
- Comes with 2 mixing bowls. Use the super capacity 16 cup mixing bowl for larger jobs, or use the included mini bowl for quick and easy tasks for the ultimate convenience.
- Super modern design that would be a real eye catcher in any type of kitchen. Take your countertop into the 21st century.
- Expensive. This unit will cost you around $400, so it is not ideal for anyone on a tight budget.
Best Budget-Friendly Food Processing Options
Hamilton Beach makes some wonderful machines that are great for those who just do not want to spend a lot for a new kitchen appliance. Their 70740 or 70670 models would be great alternatives to the more expensive models on our list.
- Large capacity bowls that can accommodate a lot of food. Mix bread dough or chop vegetables for 1 to 4 people.
- Powerful and dependable motors will slice, chop, and dice through everything with ease.
- Easy to clean and operate. Simple controls and fast clean up make these food processing models a dream for anyone to use.
- Affordable pricing. Both of these food processors can usually be bought for between $30 and $50 which makes them a prime choice for those looking to save money.
Do Yourself a Favor
Eating a homemade meal is a lot more fun than preparing one. You can make things a lot easier on yourself by getting one of these appliances for your kitchen. They make food preparation feel a lot less like work and the time you save cooking can be used for more important things, like relaxing with a cocktail. Any of the above models should be able to have an impact on your ability to reduce the hours spent slaving over a stove so you can get back to things that really matter, so go get yourself a food processor and enjoy it.